Saturday, November 26, 2016

Speech and Language Assessment Report 2016

I just received J's Speech and Language Assessment Report from his Speech Therapist. His receptive language indicates a delay of 9 months and his expressive language indicates a delay of 1 year. Well! I know J's limitations. I guess it is common that most children in the spectrum has limitations. There were times when I talk to J or gave him instructions, I was wondering if he understood me, based on his body language, his reaction, etc. But yet, when I was reading the report, I can't help having my tears roll down my cheeks.

I ever read articles from some of the parents, when after they received results from their child's diagnostic assessment that confirmed their autism, they still cry, even though they already know that their child is in the spectrum, just that the child might not have undergone any assessment to confirm it. I finally understood how they felt.

As I recall, ever since I knew of J in the Autism Spectrum in Feb 2015, when have my tears not roll? Sometimes, even when cooking, tears just came rolling down my cheek. Sometimes, I just felt alone in this journey. But we know, we are actually not alone. There is Jesus, going through this journey with me. There are hundreds or thousands others, who are also going through this journey, with me. There are others, who had been there, done that, their autistic children has grown up. As an adult, they are now better able to manage their challenges. Life is much better. There are some, who are healed and these are the testimonies, that are my motivation. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment